With football season now over for the Irish, we have compiled a list of Notre Dame Football books that can hold you over until Spring Football. We asked ND Nation to give us some of their favorites, and here are the top reviews!
1. “Echoes from the Endzone: The Men We Became” - Lisa Kelly
Kelly gives a look at the ND Football program from former Irish football legends. They tell their stories from the past and what they are doing after football.
2. “Life as the Notre Dame Leprechaun” – Daniel Colt Collins
Collins gives a inside look at the Notre Dame life from his time as the Leprechaun. Truly gives an inside look on life as a Notre Dame student, traveling with the team, and his love for Notre Dame.
3. “Resurrection” – Jim Dent
Dent captures the magical 1964 season and the beginning of an “Era of Ara”.
4. “Unbeatable” - Jerry Barca
Barca tells the story of the 1988 championship season, one of the greatest season by a college football team.
5. “Shake Down the Thunder” - Murray A. Sperber
This book gives detailed insight into the history of Notre Dame Football. Captures Notre Dame’s rise from the bottom to the top of college football.
6. “Faith Restored: The Resurgence of Notre Dame Football” - John Heisler
Heisler has worked in the Notre Dame athletics for more than 35 years, and he gives a behind the scenes look into the magical 2012 season. An absolute must read.
7. “The Notre Dame Football Encyclopedia (Fourth Edition)” – Michael R. Steele
A great resource for the Notre Dame historian. This book has the facts and great pieces info for the longtime fan.
8. “The Gipper” - Jack Cavanaugh
All Irish fans know the term “Win one for The Gipper”. Cavanaugh sheds light on the best football player to come from Notre Dame, and his coach, Knute Rockne.
9. “Notre Dame vs USC: The Rivarly” - Don Lechman
Lechman traces the history of the Notre Dame-USC rivarly from the first game to present. He explains each game from the plays to the hype leading up to the game each year.
10. “Notre Dame Golden Moments” 20 Memorable Moments that Shaped Notre Dame Football “- John Walters
Walter recaps 20 of the biggest games in Notre Dame history, all of which helped shape Notre Dame into what the program is today. Also comes with a DVD of the game highlights in the book. Very, very well done and for the younger fan, it gives great insight with a modern feel of the history of Notre Dame.
If you have more selections that you don’t see here, please send them our way so we can add to the list!